ANSWER: With wireless communication your system will continue to work even if the phone line is cut, the internet goes down, the power goes out, even if the panel is destroyed.
ANSWER: Depends on the responding police department. Many cities, municipalities and counties require alarm permits in order for the alarm system to be installed. Some cities will not dispatch police to the scene unless there is an alarm permit for that address as well. Please check with your local authorities to find out if an alarm permit is required for your location.
ANSWER: If your system is setup to control Zwave devices then you can easily add lights, locks, or thermostats. Please call our office to have a technician assist you with set up.
ANSWER: There are a couple of things you should know about the wireless motion detectors. First, to preserve battery life the light on the motion detector will not turn on. Second, to preserve battery life, the motion is programmed to go into sleep mode if it senses motion 2 times in a 60 second interval. This will cause the motion to sleep for 5 minutes and then it will automatically wake itself up. This will keep the battery from running out too quickly because the motion is not sending signals to the control every time someone walks by during the sleep mode. This can also make testing a little tricky.
To test your motion detector follow these steps:
1. Arm your systems to AWAY
2. Open and close the front door, as if you are leaving the house. You need to do this, otherwise the alarm system will think that you armed the motions by mistake and will turn them off.
3. Once arming is complete, stay out of the view of the motion detector for 5 minutes.
4. Then walk in front of the motion detector like normal.
5. The alarm should sound about 3 seconds after the motion has seen you.
6. Then quickly disarm your alarm system so our central station isn't notified.
ANSWER: Sometimes this is a quick fix, and the connection between the thermostat and the panel just needs to be re-set by doing the following:
1. Go over to the thermostat
2. Reaching up with both hands, place your pointer fingers on the top left and top right corner of the thermostat and gently pull towards you. The top faceplate will slide off the thermostat opening up some small buttons that you can press.
3. Press the "reset" button, and you will see the screen react to the press of the button.
4. Communication should be re-established within 60 seconds.
5. If this did not work, or if your thermostat repeatedly loses it's connection with the panel, please contact One Way Electric so we can troubleshoot over the phone or schedule a technician to repair your thermostat.
ANSWER: If you have our interactive cellular services at each of these locations, then you may access multiple sites by emailing email@example.com and request that we setup your accounts for this special services. Once your accounts have been connected we will give you a login name and password that you can use to access your accounts by going to the website www.alarm.com/enterprise.
ANSWER: At One Way Electric we understand that life can be hectic and complicated, especially when you're moving! One of our core values is support and promote change: approach new situations and challenges with an open mind. As a result, we have created a very easy and basic move policy as outlined below:
Security Equipment - Titan will up to ten other security sensors (doors, windows, motions, etc.) to be installed at the new location based on what was installed previously.
Automation Equipment - The customer will need to bring any automation/camera equipment with them. If new equipment is wanted, it may be purchased at a 20% discount at the time of service.
Contact Us Today: (623) 582-9420